Top-notch dwellings in a striking nineteenth-century industrial building-- this is what the Calvet cork stopper factory in Sant Feliu de Guíxols of the Costa Brava now offers after undergoing a thorough renovation and conversion into TEN LOFTS of considerable dimensions.
A perfect tie-in to the sort of restoration work that INTEGRAL S.L. has been successfully carrying out in unique architectural edifices of Barcelona’s historical center for the last 14 years, the end result of open plan ground floor premises and loft apartments within this residential building is an unprecedented novelty in this coastal town.
The simple yet imposing volumetry of the 1700sqm comprising the building and the visual impact of its beams, girders and laths highlight the appeal which the Can Calvet factory holds for industrial architecture lovers.
The original wooden structure has been preserved, but a new iron and concrete structure has been placed above it. The same care has been taken to bring to the fore original features while keeping up with the times by discreetly putting in modern appliances such as air conditioning, underfloor gas heating, and modern telecommunication systems including multiple broadband options and a rooftop antenna.
Luxury here is the recovery of the original wood, stone and brick elements, but it is furthermore the high ceilings and the light flooding in, all evidently tied in with the concept behind lofts, which is admirably suited to an industrial nave such as this one. Luxury is also the geopathic stress study carried out throughout the community of lofts to ensure and optimize the well-being of its residents, applying Feng Shui criteria to specific areas. As a result, the amenities of Can Calvet come with the guarantee of the building’s inherent quality.
Thus, the old and the new blend in perfectly to offer pristine, unencumbered dwellings with luxurious, understated finishes that enable each owner to live in the style he or she chooses while ensuring year-round satisfaction with the building’s standard of comfort.
The excellent location of the Can Calvet loft apartments, only a three-minute walk from the beach, right in the middle of the downtown area and surrounded by consolidated commercial premises and residential buildings is undoubtedly a plus for anyone seeking reliable neighborhood quality. Moreover, each of the lofts includes the ownership of a parking space in the vicinity, a bonus that is fully appreciated in the summer months. So, whether one wishes to have one of these lofts as a permanent residence or as a long weekend getaway, one is likely to find the ease and comfort that one expects from a home, and the freedom of a contemporary lifestyle.
- Multicolor Brazilian slate floorings, ipe hardwood planks for terraces, reclaimed handmade terracotta tiles in communal areas.
- Walls: Italian porcelain gres tiling in bathrooms, exposed stone walls in some areas, and mortar, plaster and paint in the remaining walls.
- Italian Driade kitchens, and Bulthaup kitchens. Grohe faucets. Designer toilets and bathroom fixtures, hydromassage shower.
- Ceilings featuring the original wooden beams over which the new iron and concrete structure is found.
- Under-floor gas heating. Air conditioning with an electrical heat pump. Mixed gas boiler in a separate cupboard.
- In the residential lofts, Miele and Gaggenau kitchen appliances.
- Dark-lacquered aluminum exterior carpentry and Climalit double glazing.